Sunday, April 19, 2020

Coach Paul ~ Alex Mugisha

I met Paul in 2006 @ Peter Kiwanuka's house, he introduced himself and wanted to know so much about me and how long I had been in Atlanta. He gave me such a warm welcome to Atlanta.

 Fast forward, he invited me to bring my kids to play soccer.  So one Saturday afternoon,  I drove the kids to meet Paul for a kids game.  Little did I know, that would be my first soccer game. I let Paul know that I had brought the kids for the game and he laughed, mukulu Aleku, we play with our kids.   I informed him that I had never played soccer in my entire life. Paul insisted that with my khaki shorts and sneakers,  I could still play. I obliged and actually enjoyed the work out.

 I got home and told my wife that going forward,  I'm going to play soccer every Saturday as a way to exercise but also to relax and enjoy a conversation with our community members. A few weeks later, I brought my wife Peace Mugisha,  she loved the work out, the kids loved hanging out with all these cousins and uncle's. Saturday's become a norm in our household to plan around the soccer game. 

The last game I played with coach was in January 2020 before I took a trip to Kampala.  Coach Paul told me after the game, I feel good, let's chew cash this year.  He showed me his nice brand new vehicle and was like Aleku, God has given me another lease on life "leka twelile cash" let's enjoy our money ,  life is too short!

 Coach Paul, you made a difference in my lifestyle changes,  encouraging me to work out more and improve my soccer skills. A few times after the game,  Paul , Solomon, my daughter Tisa and I would stop by his favourite eating place - whole foods for dinner. 
 Coach Paul Rest in Peace.  We shall continue what you started and will forever remain indebted to you as an individual. God bless you and RIP.


Alex Mugisha
Atlanta, GA USA

No comments:

Post a Comment

My brother the genius ~ Dr. Patrick Kyamanywa

My brother the genius ... fare thee well until we meet again We first met with Paul in mid February of 1978 joining St. Stanislaus Mug...