Thursday, April 23, 2020

My Dearest Friend ~ Stephen Segwanyi

Paul my dear friend ❣️

What a tragedy that you are gone from our sight for ever. You touched me, my wife and thousands more in ways you'll never know.  You are greatly missed and will be forever. The gap you've left can never be filled. 

Thank you for welcoming me to Atlanta with open arms. From day one, you made it look like we'd known each other for the entirety of our lifetimes. That smile, will be missed. 

You were a philosophical kind of guy with whom I enjoyed to discuss all kinds of topics ranging from health, sports, Uganda, friendships, God and most of all politics. You always had the last word and that was ok by me. 

When we last visited Atlanta, you made it a point to host Juliet and I for dinner. That's the kind of friend you were.
The last time I saw you was in DC at the Buganda convention and never imagined it would be the last. 

Rest in peace my brother and friend Paul. 
Till we meet.  





Stephen Segwanyi
Kampala, Uganda

No comments:

Post a Comment

My brother the genius ~ Dr. Patrick Kyamanywa

My brother the genius ... fare thee well until we meet again We first met with Paul in mid February of 1978 joining St. Stanislaus Mug...